Letter of Invitation
Participants may request invitation letter from the AAO 2022 Secretariat. The invitation is issued only when the payment is completed. The invitation is for the purpose of entry visa application and is not a commitment from the AAO 2022 organizers to provide financial aid to any applicant or their accompanying persons. Expenses incurred are the personal responsibility of the applicant.
Visa application Process
Foreign nationals who are attending the conference in person need to apply for special entry permit at the R.O.C. overseas mission before entry.
1. Complete the Taiwan Visa Application Form
The first part of a Taiwan visa application is completing the visa application form. You can access the Taiwan Visa Application Form through this website. The fields you must complete include:
- Your personal details, such as your name, nationality, gender, birth date and place, marital status, details of your spouse (if any), employment status, address, contact details, etc.
- The details of your passport, such as issue/expiry date, type of passport, and passport number.
- Purpose of Travel (Attending Conference choice)
- Selecting the Taiwanese diplomatic mission where you will submit the visa application to from a dropdown menu.
- Details regarding the purpose of your travel
- Contact information of your host/contact in Taiwan
- Stating whether you are submitting an application on someone else’s behalf.
Once you complete the Taiwan visa application form, you have to print it and sign it. You can have someone else complete the application on your behalf, but the application form must have your signature.
2. Collect the required documents
- The printed Taiwan Visa Application Form
- Your passport or another travel document, valid for at least six more months from the date of entry to Taiwan.
- Two passport-sized pictures
- A return/onward travel ticket, which proves you intend to leave after your stay in Taiwan is over.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of your stay
- Proof of payment of the Taiwan visa fee
- Invitation Letter (provided by Secretariat, if you need)
3. Submit the Taiwan visa application at a diplomatic mission
After you complete the online Taiwan visa application, you must collect the documents and submit them in person at a Taiwan diplomatic mission within 30 days. You can select the diplomatic mission where you will submit your documents from a dropdown menu on the online application. However, even though you may apply for a Taiwan visa at any Taiwanese diplomatic mission, you should do so at the nearest one to where you live.
*Taiwan visa exemption is suspended for now
*China、Hong Kong、Macau is not applicable
For more information about Covid-19 policy, please click the link below.